+1 832 476 8459
Online Shopping Portal for Onurfingers.com
About the Client
Onurfingers.com is an online shopping portal offering top and latest fashion and lifestyle brands, the best spa and entertainment deals, gadgets and home comfort products in Middle East. Onurfingers promises to bring its customers a great collection of international brands at low factory prices. They run daily sales events with premium local and international fashion and designer brands. In 2012, Onurfingers approached to BluEnt for an online shopping portal.
BluEnt was given the responsibility to create an online shopping store with the following features:
- Logo and Creative Design
- A creative logo
- An aesthetic website design
- Cross-browser support
- A simple and user- friendly menu
- General Shopping Feature
- Display all deals on homepage
- Sliding/rotating banners on home page
- Category wise products browsing
- Category drop down menu for easy navigation
- Product details pages
- Large, functional product images with zoom-in facility
- Flat discount options with promotional vouchers
- Send Invitation to multiple friends option (Initially it would be Free Membership)
- Easy checkout with coupon discount options
- Email notification to users to confirm order or report order failure
- SEO friendly URL
- Payment Gateway Integration
- Social Media Integration
- Custom Admin Sections for: Users Management, Category Management, Vendor Lists and Deals
- Admin Interface for: Product Management, Order Management, Sales Reports, Order Status, Order Tracking, Newsletter Management, Global setting for Users Permission
To view detailed requirements list, kindly refer to the Case Pages section.
The BluEnt Approach
The client team visited BluEnt India office and discussed their requirements with our team.
- Logo Design: The client shared with us the philosophy of the logo. Based on the logo philosophy, our creative head developed few samples and finalized the one.
- Homepage and Innerpage Design: The client referred to us few websites for the look and feel they were looking for. They liked the different design elements in those websites and wanted to implement them in their website. Our UX designer developed sample templates for homepage and innerpage. We had several rounds of revisions till the client finalized homepage and innerpage.
- HTML Prototyping: Once the client finalized the design, we started working on HTML development. We converted the approved design templates into cross-browser compatible HTML pages. Providing quality images was important.
- Custom Coding: We recommended custom coding to enhance flexibility and scalability of the website. To execute quick upgrade and reduce future maintenance, we recommended clean code quality and MVC architecture. We chose CakePHP framework based on MVC pattern for development.
- Development: We setup a development team and decided project plan for timely delivery. In development phase, we continuously communicated with client to show our progress. We started working on frontend and backend parts side by side. We developed an efficient CMS for effective handling of site through admin for all functionalities:
- Homepage: Consists of drop down navigation for category wise browsing of products, logo, member login/joining link, footer, slider and latest deal products. The deals have time limits.
- Category Page: We incorporated a category wise products navigation system. We created admin controlled CMS for managing products' categories and subcategories.
- Products Detail Page: We provided full description of product, add to cart button and image gallery with zooming option. We integrated Authenticity Guaranteed and Return Policy plug-ins. We also created CMS for product catalog.
- Cart & Checkout Page: We developed a very simple and precise cart page having the following features:
- Ability to modify products' quantity
- Update cart
- Timing left to purchase deal based products
- Shipping fees
- Flat discount options
- Checkout button and
- Continue shopping button
- A form to fill shipping address and option to choose payment method: either by credit card or by cash on delivery
- Payment Solution: Two methods can be used for payment, via PayPal a/c or credit card or by cash on delivery.
- Notification: Customers are notified for payment confirmation and payment decline.
- Deal Management: We created a deal management page in admin so that admin can set what product they want to show on home page. The admin can add new deals and edit existing deals. To make any deal, admin just needs to fill deal code, deal start and end date time with product's information.
- Catalog/Product Management: We created admin interface to create product catalog with ability to associate products with particular category, vendor, attributes, and images/gallery. Here admin can add/edit product catalog.
- Order Management: We created interface to see placed orders along with ability to change their status.
- Invite to Friends: This is a promotional feature in the site. Customers invite others to avail great deals and offers. In admin, we created a separate report section to see all invited users. This facilitates a good contact list that can be used for marketing purpose also.
- Reports: We created a report section where admin can see Order report, Vendor report and Invitation report.
- Others: We created other admin features like configuration management, newsletter management, user management, vendor management etc. as required by the client.
- Search Engine Optimization: Our Internet Marketing team developed a good search engine optimization strategy. We ensured SEO friendly coding and created SEO-friendly URLs. Titles, Keywords and Meta tags were incorporated aiming towards high search engine ranking and good online presence.
- Social Media Integration: We integrated the site with major social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
- Quality Assurance:BluEnt developed Quality Assurance Plan to thoroughly test the payment gateway integration and coupon redeeming features. BluEnt developed and distributed a QA plan to all team members required to perform QA. We conducted regular meetings with all of those working on the application and set their QA responsibilities and overall schedule.
- Hosting Services: We provided web hosting support and services.
Technology and Tools used
- Adobe Suite
The client was happy with the BluEnt approach. They appreciated our professionalism and responsiveness.